Iced Mexican Chocolate Sipper





Let's be honest.  Sometimes you just need a sweet treat.  And sometimes you just need an adult beverage.  So what happens when the need for both of these things hits at once?  Well, you run to your blender as quickly as you can and create this concoction!  It is delish.  And thankfully it is guilt free.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend drinking it in large quantities.  As with any sweet treat, you should consume it in moderation.  Plus, the sweetening agent in the ice cream I used is agave and, like I've said, the jury is still out on agave, so I limit my intake of it to the very occasional use.  Besides, this drink is pretty rich, and it does, in fact, have alcohol in it.  But every now and then it's going to hit the spot perfectly, and you can certainly drink a glass without feeling guilty. 


I used Coconut Bliss ice cream.  Have y'all tried it yet?  You can buy it at Whole Foods or other natural food stores.




Don't be fooled by the name.  It doesn't taste like coconut (although they do have a coconut flavor).  It is named "coconut bliss" because it is made from coconut milk.  The ingredients in this particular flavor are: organic coconut milk, organic agave syrup, organic vanilla, and organic cocoa.  Regardless of the flavor you choose, the basic ingrediants are the same.  There is never any added sugar, and coconut milk is always the base.  I grew up saying ice cream and french fries were my favorite food (and you wonder why I told my father I was going to grow snacks and desserts when I grew up).  And I promise you, even to someone who L.O.V.E.S. ice cream like I do, it is really, really good.  Some of the best I've had actually.  And when you add milk, cinnamon, and BOURBON to it, well, it hardly needs any explanation.  Just mix.  And enjoy.

Ingredients

1 cup all-natural chocolate ice cream (I prefer Luna & Larry's)
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup bourbon

Directions

Place the first four ingredients to a blender.



Blend until smooth.  Stir in bourbon.  Serve immediately over ice.



Printable Recipe


(Recipe adapted from Southern Living May 2011)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Cello sipper bottles online

    ReplyDelete