Watermelon frosty (or margarita!)

Heads up: watermelon is my very favorite summer fruit. 



I can. not. get enough of it.  The good news is that the hubs' mother knows this about me and every time we visit her in the summer she sends a local watermelon back.  (The visits to the hubs' hometown of Paris (not France) may or may not increase drastically in the summer).  All that to say, I have several watermelon posts planned for the summer so get excited!  The debut watermelon recipe for Snacks and Desserts is this deliciousness. 

I first tried this recipe first, with great success, at a recent FNHH.*  As soon as my friend and I tried this libation, we knew it was a keeper.  The following week we had it again.  And I'm pretty sure we'll have it again this weekend.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's on the regular FNHH summer rotation.  And by rotation, I mean it's the only drink we'll consume at our summer FNHHs.  Obvs.

*What's FNHH, you ask?  Well my friend and I often abbreviate our words (and yes, I have, in fact, abbreviated words since I was in elementary school, so if People magazine (or whatever magazine it was) calls abbrevs a trend of 2012, I guess that means I am obviously a trendsetter).  Somewhere along the way, these abbrevs my friend and I are so fond of turned into initials instead of short words.  It's a pretty fun, if slightly stressful, game.  You should try it.  In any case, we often have Friday night happy hours at my house with some of our neighbors.  So natch our Friday night happy hour turned into FNHH.  Y'all should join us.  The more the merrier!

Do you have a favorite summer cocktail or frozen beverage? Do tell!


Ingredients

2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon cubes
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp honey

1 large lemon, squeezed (lime juice also works very well: use 2 limes)
1 fresh banana
optional: tequila (or more water or fruit juice)


Directions

Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into a glass (or drink directly from the blender -- I won't judge) and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment